Trevor's Tour # 1
I am local, Nashville-born, 7th-generatino Teenessean, play 4 instruments, hold four degrees, and this is my chronologically arranged tour of highlights of Nashville.
These points of interest I organized in 2019 (Warner Park Nature Center & trails, Adventure Science Center & 11am daily Constellation planetarium show are not on this list):
Enjoy the list/links below as you decide what you dtop at,
Trevor Smith 615.351.2014
1. by river: Timothy Demonbreun's Cave (hard to get to),& on 1st Ave, Fort Nashboro 1770-98) (view online), see news2 wkrn video of 1st settler's hiding cave,
- on the river, Pontoon Saloon, General Jackson Riverboat Cruise ($90.00), paddleupNashville at $25.00
2. TN State Capitol (1845) has Civil War Bullets still in marble walls, rotunda, staircase or TN State Museum 1937 (FREE)
3. Downtown Presbyterian Church (Greco-Egyptian Architecture) 1814 their tours are 45 min.- started many nashville communities dpchurch.com
4. 1806-1910 Belle Meade Mansion (upscale tour near Steeplechase) visitbellemeade.com
5. search Historic Locations of Native American Importance in Middle Tennessee Vanderbilt to see their list of places 1700-1860s. City of Franklin, TN
6. 1905 Beaux-Arts, French Neoclassical architectural style: The Hermitage Hotel lobby, Capitol Grill
7. Skull's in Printer's Alley, Southern Turf (Prohibition era-Vaudeville era) on Ghost Tour sites also
8. 1925 Grand Ole' Opry, Ryman Auditorium bldg is downtwon, now Opry relocated to Gaylord Opryland Resort where Gen. Jackson river cruise and Opry Mills Mall are (Resort Hotel has indoor boat ride and arboreteum of plants, 22 restaurants- Caney Fork restaurant has exotic meats in campfire theme))
9. Union Station Hotel 1900s- present
10. 1955 1st Music Row recording studio, Studio B RCA Victor; 1960s, 70s Opryland opened & Malls, see Mall at green Hills or Cool Springs in Franklin
11. Bluebird cafe 1982, Prince's Hot Chicken 1989, Boltons near then also;
12. 1996 nashville Zoo opens
2008-present= massive growth; modern speakeasy bars, herbal Absinthe bars like Green Hour, Frist Modern Art Museum by Union Station
Symhpony center, mural art tour linked below, historic homes tours, ghost tours, distillery tours, plus AirBnB Experience businesses.
Google Earth for the Nashville Virtual Mural Experience, Draper James store is beside I Beleive in Nashville mural, an easy pci to take.
If you like Belle Meade & upscale Steeplechase crowd, you may like Franklin, TN's old south where Christian music artists live.
cheap good view rooftop is Denimn at the Joseph in the cabanas and just drink a $6 hibiscus cooler non-alc