Trevor's Tour # 1
I am local, Nashville-born, 7th-Generation Tennessean, play 4 instruments, hold four degrees, and this is my chronologically-arranged tour of highlights of Nashville. I can drive you on your customized Limo tour!
These points of interest I organized in 2019 when planning to create a tour guide business (Warner Park Nature Center & trails, Adventure Science Center & 11am daily Constellation planetarium show are not on this list but are part of the family fun category):
Enjoy the list/links below as you decide what you do in our fine City:
Trevor Smith 615.351.2014
1. By river: Timothy Demonbreun's Cave- Nashville's 1st white settler (hard to get to), & on 1st Ave, Fort Nashboro 1770-98) our 1st settlement on the river on 1st ave up from Hard Rock Cafe (view online), see news WKRN video of "Timothy's Cave" or hiding cave,
- on the river activities, Pontoon Saloon, General Jackson Riverboat Cruise ($90.00), paddleupNashville at $25.00; Blue Moon Restaurant, other lakes' restaurants such as Blue Turtle Marina/Bay.
2. TN State Capitol (1845) has Civil War Bullets still in marble walls, rotunda, staircase or TN State Museum 1937 (BOTH FREE)
3. Downtown Presbyterian Church (Greco-Egyptian Architecture) 1814 their tours are 45 min.- started many nashville communities see: dpchurch.com
4. 1806-1910 Belle Meade Mansion (upscale tour near Steeplechase) visitbellemeade.com
5. search Historic Locations of Native American Importance in Middle Tennessee Vanderbilt to see their list of places 1700-1860s. City of Franklin, TN
6. 1905 Beaux-Arts, French Neoclassical architectural style: The Hermitage Hotel lobby, Druise restaurant.
Skull's Rainbow Room in Printer's Alley as Old Nashville, Southern Turf (Prohibition era-Vaudeville era) on Ghost Tour sites also
8. 1925 Grand Ole' Opry, Ryman Auditorium bldg is downtwon, now Opry relocated to Gaylord Opryland Resort where Gen. Jackson river cruise and Opry Mills Mall are (Resort Hotel has indoor boat ride and arboreteum of plants, 22 restaurants- Caney Fork restaurant nearby has exotic meats in campfire theme, smores in a fire built on your table))
9. Union Station Hotel 1900s- present
10. 1955 1st Music Row recording studio, Studio B RCA Victor; 1960s, 70s Opryland opened & Malls, see Mall at Green Hills or Cool Springs in Franklin for upscale malls- 8th Ave goes to Franklin, TN; 12South is near Green Hills Mall and becomes Granny White as well to Frainklin; 12th is Granny White street in Gulch is, so you can start in ulch and go south to 12 South District on toward Brentwood, stopping at green Hills Mall or to see famous folks' homes!
11. Bluebird cafe(Green Hills) 1982, Prince's Hot Chicken 1989, Boltons near then also;
12. 1996 nashville Zoo opens
2008-present= massive growth gives rise to; modern speakeasy bars( Old Glory, HIdden Bar, Red Phone Booth, Attaboy's, Fox', Patterson House), herbal Absinthe bars like Green Hour, Frist Modern Art Museum by Union Station, Schermerhorn Symhpony center, mural art tour linked below, historic homes tours, ghost tours, distillery tours, plus AirBnB Experience businesses. TN State Museum relocated 2020 into Germantown area- free to public 6 days/week= history & art near farmer's market. TN State Capitol Tours also free!
My favorite rooftops: Bobby Hotel (schoolbus), The Joseph Hotel's "Denimn"
Restaurant is : Druise
Google Earth search for the "Nashville Virtual Mural Experience," to review murals before going to them, because colors of clothes/lighting make good pics; Draper James store is beside I Beleive in Nashville mural, an easy 12-South District pic to take. If you are in 12-South District, you are near Mall at Green Hills, one of the richest parts of town with famous people/upscale stores. USE THIS TO PREVIEW MURAL ART SITES BEFORE GOING TO THEM TO PLAN CLOTHES FOR YOUR PICS
If you like Belle Meade & upscale Steeplechase crowd, you may like Franklin, TN's old south where Christian music artists often prefer to live. 23 Best Things to Do in Franklin, TN (vacationidea.com)
Cheap good view rooftop is Denimn at the Joseph Hotel in the cabanas and just drink a $6 hibiscus cooler non-alc, anti-inflammatory ginger/resh fruit, decorative element;
Cheap Hangout FUN (Family before 6pm): Pins Mechanical Co. in Gulch
SPEAKEASY/SECRET BAR LIST: Attaboy (East), Fox;s (East), HIdden Bar (downtown in Noelle Hotel), Black Rabbit, Skull's as noted above, Red Phone Booth Bar (from Atlanta), Patterson House (near midtown/Music Row), Old Glory (near Vanderbilt/Edgehill District) behind Barcelona Wine Bar